Kiwi texts, Kiwi composers and Kiwi actor Stuart Devenie combine for a programme of uniquely New Zealand orchestral and “spoken word” works.
In an exciting partnership between musicians and authors, six composers selected New Zealand poetry and prose that spoke to them personally, and worked with the Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra's Composer-in-Residence John Psathas and Arts Laureate Stuart Devenie to produce new pieces. Don’t miss this stirring, moving and astounding performance.
- Eulogy Yvette Audain / Olivia Macassey “Eulogy”
- Antonyms of Trust Chris Adams / Sam Mahon “Antonyms of Trust”
- Scenes from Parihaka Stephen Matthews / Robert Sullivan
- The Lover’s Knot Robbie Ellis / Renee Liang
- Attention! Alexander Lawther Taylor
- White Feathers - John Elmsly “For a Child at Nagasaki”, James K Baxter “Sonnet to MacArthur’s Eyes” R.A.K. Mason “Some thought they saw” Basil Dowling (from White Feathers) “Axis” Cilla McQueen (from Wild Sweets) “Papa-tu-a-nuku” Hone Tuwhare
Special thanks to Dame Jenny Gibbs
May 11, 2011 7:00PM
Tickets available from "The Edge":http://www.the-edge.co.nz/workwithwords.aspx