Library Terms and Conditions
Click here to read the Library Terms and Conditions in Te Reo Māori
In purchasing a membership to borrow items from the collection you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I/We acknowledge that the purpose of the Library is to provide copies of scores, recordings and other reference materials to individuals/organisations with a genuine interest in appreciating, performing, recording and/or broadcasting works by New Zealand composers.
- Works borrowed from the Library are for the purpose of private study only. I/We agree that scores or recordings will not be copied or disseminated in any manner.
- I/We acknowledge that recordings are not available for scholastic purposes in public without having first gained the permission of the composer or relevant copyright owners.
- The Centre does not involve itself with rights. If I/we wish to use the work in performance or any other public setting, it is my/our responsibility to secure the appropriate rights.
- The items are on loan for a period of two months from the date of issue.
- Failure to return items by the agreed date will invoke a charge and may incur a temporary suspension of borrowing rights. If an item is lost, I/we agree to pay the replacement costs for that item plus a reasonable fee for administration. If the item is subsequently found, SOUNZ is not required to refund the replacement and administration costs.
- SOUNZ will endeavour to provide the items requested but I/we agree not to hold SOUNZ liable for failure to provide any item requested.
- Charges for membership contribute to the maintenance and development of the collection at SOUNZ. I/We acknowledge that it is my/our responsibility to pay postage to and from SOUNZ.
- When using the online services I/we agree to the General Terms and Conditions of the site.
Accessing the collection
- Information about the collection held at SOUNZ can be obtained by application to the Centre or visiting our website: www.sounz.org.nz.
Expiry of membership
- Membership is normally for 12 months from date of joining and is renewable.
- Where a member takes out a Standard Membership which has a limit on the number of items that can be borrowed, the membership will expire if the borrowing limit is reached before 12 months has elapsed. In this case a further membership can be bought online, or an upgrade to the existing membership can be purchased by contacting SOUNZ directly.