Easy Tunes for Tamariki by composers from Aotearoa New Zealand
These pieces are for cello students at preliminary, grade 1 and grade 2 levels. They are arranged in approximate order of difficulty for the string player.
Youth Music Festival Whakanui o Puoro (formerly Piano Plus Festival) is Wellington Branch IRMTNZ’s annual performance showcase for students of all ages and instruments, in which each performer’s programme must include a piece by a composer from Aotearoa New Zealand. As there was a shortage of such music published for beginners and early grades for instruments other than piano, Wellington Branch IRMTNZ committee organised the Easy Tunes for Tamariki project. Pieces in this volume were chosen from responses to a call for scores.
For the downloadable PDF version, click here.
- Jillaine Wilson: Zoom Calypso
- David Woodcock: Cat and Mouse
- Rosie Langabeer: Laser Kiwi Jive
- Ross Carey: A Sea Shanty
- Clive Aucott: Manawanui
- Simon Eastwood: Happy-Go-Lucky
- David Woodcock: Baby Elephants at Play
- Peter Feehan: Back and Forth
- David Hamilton: Clouds over Lake Hawea
- Benjamin Sneyd-Utting: Whistling Wind
- David Hamilton: Barn Dance
38pp; v; 24p + part (9p)
Wellington Branch IRMTNZ
Wellington Branch IRMTNZ / SOUNZ Licence
Eleven pieces by nine composers, for cello students at preliminary, grade 1 and grade 2 levels