Composer/pianist Matthew Davidson performs a selection of ragtime piano pieces.
It is my arrogant opinion that Ragtime is serious music; if I didn't feel that way, I wouldn't play it. The fact that renderings of the best ragtime pieces can be on a par with the best renderings of a Chopin nocturne or a Brahms ballade is testimony to the genius of the man who elevated the genre to a stature comparable to the works of the great masters; obviously, I speak of Scott Joplin.
Source: Matthew Davidson, CD liner notes.
Stomp Off Records
- Space Shuffle - Robin Frost
- Rose Leaf Rag - Scott Joplin
- The Baltimore Todolo - Eubie Blake
- Cottontail Rag - Joseph Lamb
- Windmill Rag - Robin Frost
- Troubadour Rag - James Scott
- Hot Cinders - Joseph Lamb
- Fingers on Holiday - Robin Frost
- Arctic Sunset - Joseph Lamb
- That Futuristic Rag - Rube Bloom
- Poor Jimmy Green - Eubie Blake
- Bird-Brain Rag - Joseph Lamb
- The Occident Express - Robin Frost
- Pegasus - James Scott
- Wolverine Blues - Jelly Roll Morton - John C. Spikes - Benjamin F. Spikes
- The Alaskan Rag - Joseph Lamb
- Zymurgy Rag - The Last Word in Rags - Robin Frost
STOMP OFF CD1252