Buy or Borrow
To borrow items or hire parts please email SOUNZ directly at email@example.com.
On the Way to the Airport is a multi movement piece which incorporates various moods one often experiences before air travel.
The five short movements are entitled:
- Florist – Oops a Daisy – a reference to a florist near the Auckland International Airport. The rhythm of the name of the florist can be heard in the tuba part
- Shore Shuttle – a shuttle bus route from North Shore City
- Doubts – this slightly scary slow movement hints at feelings of indecision and flying jitters
- Where’s My Passport? – a crazy waltz influenced by some wonderful circus music which the composer heard in Le Cirque Baroque’s performance of Voltaire’s Candide in London’s East End
- Terminal Traffic – in which bustling, excited sounds stimulate the adrenalin before the actual flight.
On the Way to the Airport was completed in 2009 and was first performed at an ensemble competition organised by the Brass Bands Association of NZ in Christchurch on 8 November 2009.
1. Florist - Oops a Daisy
2. Shore Shuttle
4. Where's My Passport
5 Terminal Traffic