Films, Audio & Samples
Gemma Peacocke: As Bright a...Embedded video
See details ➔
Sample: pages 1–4 and 14–17 of scoreSee details ➔
Buy or Borrow
To borrow items or hire parts please email SOUNZ directly at email@example.com.
In the developed world we have the privilege of taking for granted free access to water.
In many poor societies, however, it is the role of women and girls to seek and collect water, and they often face a choice between work that is hard, time-consuming, and dangerous, or finding money to pay for clean drinking water.
Commissioned and premiered by PUBLIQuartet in 2019, As Bright and Cold as Glass explores the role of water as a literal and figurative life stream, and a liminal space separating the rich from the poor.
To play the fixed electronics:
- A laptop or device to play the audio track and click track
- Ear pieces for the click track
- Stereo speakers and mixing desk
- Audio interface and cables from laptop to mixing desk
For amplification (required):
- Directional microphones
- Microphone stands
- XLR cables connecting the microphones to the mixing desk
Commissioned and premiered by PUBLIQuartet