Te More is a tribute to one of Maoridom’s most famous early composers, Mahi-ki-te-kapua. The album consists of a selection of moteatea from Tuhoe, and pieces composed by Whirimako and Richard in the moteatea tradition. The concentrated simplicity and austerity of Te More situates it closely to Te Ku Te Whe. It is a work that connects the oldest and most revered traditions of waiata with the contemplative concentration of 21st century art music. Emotionally rich, texturally lush, this beautiful recording brings together two of our finest musical taonga.
Click below to hear audio samples and download individual tracks:
- Te More Suite Pt 1, E Hine
- Te More Suite Pt 2, Takutaku
- Te More Suite Pt 3, Taku Rakau
- Te More Suite Pt 4, Te More
- Ororuarangi Suite Pt 1, Ororuarangi
- Ororuarangi Suite Pt 2, Hineraureka
- Ororuarangi Suite Pt 3, Te Toa
- Ororuarangi Suite Pt 4, Toroa
- Ororuarangi Suite Pt 5, E kui Kumera
- Kaore Te Po Nei Morikarika
This MP3 album is also available in High-Resolution audio. Contact email@example.com.
Rattle Records/SOUNZ licence