Films, Audio & Samples
Sample: concert pitch scoreSee details ➔
Buy or Borrow
To borrow items or hire parts please email SOUNZ directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
alla marcia – adv. As a musical direction: in the style of a march. Also as adj., n. (Source: Oxford English Dictionary.)
Marcia Brady – A character from the 1969–1974 American television series The Brady Bunch. (Source: Wikipedia.)
General instructions/suggestions include:
- Gather a dozen or so wind and brass players. Have them memorise this music.
- The players should walk one by one from off-stage to on-stage.
- If possible, have them do a complete circuit across the stage, off the other side, through the backstage area, then back onto the stage through the original entry point.
- I encourage the use of surprising points of entry, e.g. balconies, strange doors, trapdoors, zip lines, time machines.
- Optional: incorporate the theme tune to The Brady Bunch in Bb major.
Written with the support of the University of Otago Mozart Fellowship.
Suitable for children, high schoolers, community bands, amateurs, anyone.
12 Sep 2012: NZ Composers Lunchtime Concert