Films, Audio & Samples
Sample: pages 1–4 of scoreSee details ➔
Buy or Borrow
To borrow items or hire parts please email SOUNZ directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Imbrium" is a Latin word for "rain showers". This is the first in a series called "The Canticles"; all pieces dedicated to female mystics.
You will need:
To play the fixed electronics
- A laptop with free QLab software (there is currently no tablet/iPad version of QLab)
- A MIDI foot controller and cable to connect it to the laptop (an electronic piano expression/sustain pedal won't work)
- Stereo speakers and mixing desk
- Audio interface and cables from laptop to mixing desk
For amplification (required)
- A directional microphone
- A microphone stand
- An XLR cable connecting the microphone to the mixing desk
Written for Kacie Brown and a consortium of saxophonists organised by the inaugural Elise Hall Competition for Emerging Saxophonists and Sarah Hetrick, lead commissioner